If restoring doesn’t work right away, try leaving the Apple Watch on a charger longer to increase the battery level before you try again. If you still experience problems, try using a 2.4GHz network on your iPhone instead of 5GHz. It is also essential to ensure that you are not using a captive or 802.1X network. Public or company Wi-Fi networks may not work to restore your Apple Watch.
- However, don’t skip the repair entirely because it’s not safe to use a corrupted hard drive without repairing it first.
- Western Digital My Passport external hard drives are a common choice for external storage.
- If you use an iPhone, iPad, or iPod, chances are you’ve got one or more IPSW files deep within the folder structure of your Mac or PC.
- Well, it often refers to that the IPSW file is not matched with your device or the firmware file cannot be recognized by iTunes.
- If you have faced an abrupt shutdown before facing the black screen, it might be due to the startup disk malfunction.
EaseUS file repair software firmware will automatically fix broken files. You can preview the repaired files before recovery. Last, click “Recover” and save the recovered files to a different location to avoid data overwriting. Select a disk location where the corrupted files are saved. Click “Scan” to start finding the broken files. EaseUS file repair tool allows you to fix damaged documents, videos, and pictures in differnet formats. So how do I fix a corrupted DOCX file in Windows or Mac computer?
If the previous solutions fail to solve the problem, seeking help from Apple Support is the last option for you. The reason is that the firmware restores failure may result from hardware issues.
- Then connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch to the computer again, and then launch iTunes.
- After entering the recovery mode on your phone, you can connect it to iTunes to restore it.
- Press the “Volume Down” button and release it quickly.
- You can force shutdown or restart your Mac using the method suited for your Mac type, whether it’s an iMac, MacBook with M1-chip, or a Mac with an Intel chip.
- Besides the above possible ways, there is another simplest and most efficient method.
- Normally, we need to use iTunes to restore iPhone firmware.
As your Mac is showing the black screen, you cannot perform a normal shut down. To check whether your peripheral devices are working properly, you must first remove all of them from your Mac. Our Macs are so seamless and convenient that we forget they need the power to operate. Before heading for any complex solution, you should check the following three things. If so, your Mac is facing a software/firmware problem, which is why the Mac screen has gone black. We will discuss the solutions to this problem and help you apply them as each method is DIY, and you don’t need to be a computer geek to use them.